8:20 PM | Author: Siva






















A 9 year old girl from Madurai has become the youngest person to ever pass the Microsoft Certified Professional exam. She also holds the record for reciting all the 1330 couplets in Tirukkural. She did that at the age of three. She even has her own website. I have attempted the Tirukkural part at a much older age and I could never do more than a hundred kurals at that time. So I can guess the difficulty of doing all of it at three. She has got quite a talent.

But something has been bugging me since I read this news. Why will someone train her for MCP when she is nine ? I am sure she is not looking for a job now. So why MCP ? Looks like she is being trained to go for the records. I hope someone channels her growth in other fields like maths, science or chess rather than training her for MCP.
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

9 comments:

On 3:43 PM , senthil said...

She cannot use it now. Still she possesses it. There are more chances of the kid misuing the knowledge or the power that comes with the fact that she has the knowledge. Ennamo ... I read jeyamohan.in .. he has blogged on verses from gita chapters .. I would like to recommend this to you if you hadnot already noticed it. Athan thaakkame en mudhal tharkkathin kaaranma. Appappa .. tamil tough machi. Thanglish-e better!

 
On 11:29 PM , Arasan said...

she got a quite a talent...but why MCP....I dont understand....to get attention....

You are right, her talent need to channelized towards research and innovation rather than increasing the power of memory...

I heard that most of the brain growth happens during intial years of one's life....

we often read lots of kids saying thirukurals, country-capital names, personility names, car make and model names.....but what they do in future....i havent read any news so far...probably i might be ignorant too....

 
On 10:23 AM , Seenivasan said...

I know a kid who knows coutry capital when he was small. now he is all grown up. I know what he is doing.

Arasa - does it ring any bell at all?

 
On 12:08 AM , Arasan said...

yeah I know that kid...

Now he is causing enough damage to IT....

 
On 9:44 AM , Siva said...

@senthil .. Thanglish is the best :-)

@Arasa, Seeni .. Who is that guy ?

 
On 11:40 AM , Devi Dhamotharan said...

thats arasan

 
On 12:31 PM , Seenivasan said...

that was me from my wife's id - posted inadvertently....hope you wud have guessed.

 
On 10:14 AM , Siva said...

I sort of guessed that .. (arasan) ... But I also thought I had a new reader ! Instead it was same old you ! I think I should do your email announcement trick when I post something.

 
On 5:36 PM , Seenivasan said...

that's right siva. that email announcement helps to some extent. At least that helps me with staying in touch with my non-IR friends. Moreover I dont think many people are exploiting the advantage of feed. My email sort of helps them. :)