5:46 PM | Author: Siva
He always wears a white dhothi and a white shirt. A lot of us will mistake it for pale yellow. He managed couple of people and my neighborhood barber shop. The one with 'Dinamalar' and 'Dhinathanthi' and lot of actress posters. He has this smell of Sambar on him. Always.

My Dad liked him. I didn't. He knew my Dad's choice. I always got that. I tried telling him Disco cut, Hippie style, all those I wanted. Even took a picture of Bruce Lee once to show that the hair should cover the ears. I got what my Dad wanted. The crew cut. I hated him. People thought it was really my hair that is causing all the problems and called me 'Vanangamudi'. Which I was anyway.

He took lot of pride in teaching the art to his assistants. I moved to his assistants' shop, the one with TV and samantha fox posters. Ramasami didn't know he made a bad choice for short term gains and died bankrupt. I ask for a crew cut now.
Category: |
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

8 comments:

On 11:28 AM , Sarangan said...

Actually it was reversed in my case. I felt bad to go to the shop often. So, I was insisting him on to the Crew cut to the maximum.

The level exceeded a limit so that once he told he is not going to reduce the length anymore. But when I still insisted, he had no other option.

So, It seems he would have really wondered about the two extreme tastes from the same home... :-)

 
On 5:15 PM , Arasan said...

Ada paaveengala rendu perum Ramasaami ku tough-a koduthu irukeenga...

 
On 11:55 AM , Seenivasan said...

Is it Ramasamy or Fox - who made you to move to the new shop?

(knowing you from your adolescence age - i had this doubt...hi hi hi hi...)

 
On 12:49 PM , Arasan said...

hahaha, that was good one seeni...

 
On 1:51 PM , Siva said...

hi ... hi .. next question, please ?

 
On 2:07 PM , Siva said...

arasa, enn casela ramasami than toughi koduthathu, naan illa :-)

sai, he sure must have wondered about that :-)

 
On 6:24 PM , Baranidharan said...

Barbers looks barbarians to me. Recently I had a hair cut, barber was cute not the cut. I asked her to leave 3 unit but she took off 3 unit. I was angry but left her for her face (he he).. Alagiya abathu.

What did I say, barbers are barbarians except few (again he he)

 
On 4:43 PM , Siva said...

My Rules for selecting my barber

1. Never trust your hair in a Women's hand.
2. Don't forget rule #1.